South Side Depot
Official Welcome Center
Open Saturday and Sunday 10am-3pm
South Side Depot serves as an Information Center for Heritage Weekend and has tiles, tickets and publications available. This building was the home to the W.C. Halterman’s General Merchandise Store from 1911-1940. It was purchased and renovated by the City of Petersburg in 2003 In conjunction with the WV Department of Tourism. It was renamed The South Side Depot. The store now offers the atmosphere of times past with today’s authentic West Virginia heritage. They feature train rides throughout the year.
Stop by on Saturday from 1-3pm for live traditional music.