Open Saturday & Sunday
A modern, mountain general store that has an espresso bar, bakery and specializes in American-made and locally-crafted items–is the latest iteration of an old feed/general store building that was built in the late 1940’s on land originally owned by Winchester Milling Co. Behind the store there used to be a railroad station (that also housed an elementary school in the early 1900’s) that was used to take products to and from Winchester and Gore. On August 12, 1953 Winchester Milling Co. sold the building to Joseph T. and Esther H. Frye, who opened up Frye Farm Service. Frye Farm Service was a feed and general store serving Wardensville for many years until it was sold to William H. and Nancy P. Harmon on September 10, 1987. The Harmon’s turned Frye Farm Service into a Southern States Co-op in 1988. It closed at some point in the 1990’s and was two different operations of an antiques/vintage store before becoming the Lost River Trading Post in September of 2013.
Location: 295 East Main St. Wardesnville