Wilson House

WILSON HOUSE
CIRCA 1914
Open Saturday Only
Known as part of the Old Church lot, Robert A. Wilson purchased the property in 1905 from the Town of Moorefield. In 1914 Robert and his wife, Gelia M. Belt Wilson built this lovely white wood-frame house as a wedding present for their son, Robert Cleland and his bride, Pauline Williams, daughter of Felix Seymour Williams and Hyda Lee Didawick Williams.
Robert and Pauline had one son, Robert Cleland Wilson Jr., who was born February 16, 1916. They lived in the house until 1927 when the family moved to Washington, D.C.
Dr. Overton V. Brooks and Mabel T. Brooks owned the property until it was sold to Howard Wilson and Genevieve Wilson on January 2, 1953.
Genevieve Wilson conveyed her interest in the property on May 19, 1955 to Howard L. Wilson. November 10, 1960, the property was sold to Thurmond S. Reynolds, John S. Reynolds and Beatrice D. Reynolds.
They Reynolds family occupied the house until September 1, 2007 when it was sold to the current owner, Jill R. Funkhouser.
The 5 bedroom, 2 bath house was fashionably constructed with leaded glass windows, a built-in china cabinet, a built in foyer bench. All the woodwork in the house is virgin white oak, with no wood knots in the grain. The timber for the house was cut from the land which is now occupied by the Moorefield Middle School.
The home has many updates, including central AC, natural gas heat, updated kitchen and baths while maintaining the original beauty.
A mix of antiques are throughout the house including a large corner cabinet that belonged to Eunice Dasher McCoy. A beautiful collection of carnival glass and other collectibles.
Open curtesy of Jill R. Funkhouser.
Located at 111 North Elm Street, Moorefield

Wilson House